David Brede (SHEQ Services) Ltd can help you set up, a safety management system for your business to the respected HSG65 standard.
A proper safety management system can help you in many unexpected ways by getting reductions in insurance quotes, get accreditation to safe systems in procurement like CHAS, and winning work with public sector clients.
Should you have an encounter with the Health and Safety Executive Inspector (HSE) or a local authority enforcement officer, you are much better prepared to answer questions and avoid nasty fees for Intervention and the like.
Core documents can be developed including:
- Health and safety policy – how you are going to manage health and safety within your business
- Method statements – how you do a specific piece of work, who will do it and what tools will be used. Are there unique features about the location of the work that will affect how it will be carried out. The work should deliver the safety requirements of a risk assessment.
- Risk assessment – what risks will be encountered in doing the work at the location, who will be affected and how can they eliminate or reduce the risk to an acceptable level
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Assessment – what substances are used in your work and how they can be used safety and how they can be stored safely. What do you need to do in the event of a spill or someone ingesting or getting some on their skin, did they breathe any fumes from the substances?
- Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Assessment – are you at risk from video screens, computers or other sorts of display screens? Will they cause eye problems or cause injuries due to repetitive strain in wrists for example or muscular skeletal problems, back strains or shoulder injuries?
Other documents can be provided – just ask and see what we can do for your business!